Tuesday, December 5, 2017

God's Commands

Scripture:

I John 5:3 "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous."

Observation:

John had spent much time talking about love for most of his letter.  As he nears the end of his letter, he adds this little piece.  He says that if we love God, we will keep his commands and his commands are not grievous.  Love and obedience go hand in hand.

Application:

When you really love someone, you will go out of your way to bless them and make them happy.  It is not grievous to do what they want to do.  In marriage, one must live in a way that pleases the other person because love causes you to want their happiness.  We work hard to make sure the person we love is feeling the love.  God feels the love when we obey His commands.  Doing it out of love makes it not grievous, but a joy.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, I love you and want to live a life that pleases You.  Help me to walk in Your commandments.  Teach me to love Your word more each day.  Show me where I'm messing up and I will work on it.  I want to walk as an obedient child, nor a rebel to your commands.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment