Monday, December 4, 2017

A Condemned Heart

Scripture:

I John 3:21 "Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, we have boldness toward God; and whatever we ask we receive of Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight."

Observation:

John says here that when our own heart doesn't condemn us, we have boldness toward God.  Therefore, if we allow condemnation in our hearts, we lose our boldness toward God and we don't receive whatever we ask of Him.  When we keep His commands and to the things that are pleasing to Him, our hearts don't condemn us and we will see more prayers answered.

Application:

We need to walk in step with the Spirit and do what He says.  When we do this, we have no self-condemnation because we know we are walking in purity before the Lord.  Walking above condemnation then allows us to have boldness toward God and receive what we ask of Him.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to follow You more closely every day.  Teach me to walk in the Spirit at all times.  Forgive me for the times when I get out of the Spirit and into the flesh.  I want to walk with You and talk with You throughout each day.  Help me today to remain aware of You and Your will at all times.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment