Thursday, December 14, 2017

Dead Works

Scripture:

Revelation 3:1 "And to the angel of the church in Sardis write: These things saith he that hath the seven spirits of God, and the seven stars: I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and thou art dead."

Observation:

John is writing to the church at Sardis.  He tells them that they have a name that says they are alive, but that they are dead. 

Application:

Many have a name that says they are alive or go to a church that says they are alive, but in reality, they are full of dead works.  We need to stay close the Lord and walk with Him at all times.  We don't want to be dead and not know it.  I'd rather have name that is dead and be alive, than to have a name that is alive, but be really dead.  Our reputation must match our name.

Prayer:

Father, help me stay on track with you all the days of my life.  Help me to follow You well and to be alive in Christ always.  You are amazing and I want Your life to flow through me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment