Thursday, August 25, 2016

Waiting on the Lord with Hope

Scripture:

Psalm 130:5  "I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in His word I put my hope".

Observation:

The Psalmist here shares about how he waits for the Lord with his whole being.  He says that in the process he puts his hope in God's word.  He tells us that we should wait on the Lord with hope placed in his word.

Application:

It is hard to wait for something.  Patience truly is a virtue.  Waiting means that you trust the person you are waiting for, that they are coming and that they will deliver what they promised.  God's word places hope in our lives and hope causes us to be able to wait with confidence that God will come through in our situations because His word is true and doesn't lie.  We must have God's word in our hearts and patience in our lives.  When we do, we will see the victory.  We must hope in God's word and wait on the Lord.

Prayer:

Father, your word is true and I can place my confidence in it.  Help me to trust you more while I wait.  I think of the song this morning, "while I'm waiting".  Help me learn to wait on You instead of acting out on my own in bad situations.  Teach me to trust You and Your word.  You are faithful, let me trust You more and wait on You.  I'm waiting Lord.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment