Friday, August 12, 2016

Don't Let Me Disgrace Your name

Scripture:

Psalm 69:6  "Lord, the Lord Almighty, may those who hope in You not be disgraced because of me; God of Israel, may those who seek you not be put to shame because of me".

Observation:

The Psalmist cries out to the Lord in the midst of going through some terrible things.  He is in a bad place, but in that place, he thinks of the reputation of the Lord over his own feelings.  He doesn't want the Lord's name to be disgraced because of his sin or problems.

Application:

Many ministers, Christians, etc. have fell into sin and messed up their lives.  They don't realize that they are also messing up the Lord's reputation.  We need to always be conscious of the fact that the Lord's name is to be lifted up and our reputation makes Him look good or bad.  May our lives bring Him praise and honor instead of dishonor.

Prayer:

Father, let my life bring Your praise and may Your name be lifted up always through my life.  Let me never bring Your name disgrace, but great honor.  I want to represent You well.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment