Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Establish the Work of our Hands

Scripture:

Psalm 90:17  "May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands".

Observation:

The psalmist here asks for the favor of God to be on them and for the Lord to establish the work of their hands.  There is an understanding here that favor resting on us will cause God to establish the work of our hands.  Our hands working with God's favor equals great things.

Application:

Many times we cry out for God's favor on our lives, but we aren't doing anything for Him to put His favor on.  His favor establishes the work of our hands.  We still have to work, but His favor on our work makes great things happen.  We can't be lazy and expect God's favor to make everything easy in our lives.  Our work... His favor... Great results!

Prayer:

Father, let me now grow weary in well doing.  Help me to always be a diligent and hard worker.  I do ask You to establish the work of my hands for Your kingdom.  I have worked hard and plan to continue to work hard, but I ask for Your favor and for You to establish the work I am doing.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment