Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Keep and Seek

Scripture:

Psalm 119:2  "Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek Him with all their heart - they do no wrong but follow His ways".

Observation:

The Psalmist tells us here that we are blessed when we keep God's statutes and seek Him with all our heart.  From this I see that blessing is directly related to keep God's statutes and seeking Him.  Doing this helps us follow His ways.

Application:

Everyone wants the blessing of God on their lives, myself included.  I want to walk in His blessing and His favor more than anything.  Here God tells us that we are blessed when we keep and when we seek.  We are blessed when we follow God's word and keep His commands.  We are also blessed when we seek Him with all our heart.  Keeping and seeking will bring God's blessing into our lives.

Prayer:

Lord God, I want You blessing on my life.  I want to do no wrong, but follow Your ways.  I desire to follow Your statutes and commands and I seek Your face.  I want more of You in my life.  Help me to seek You more each day.  Empower me to keep and seek as a part of my nature and who I am.  Let me be a keeper and a seeker and walk in Your blessing.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment