Monday, August 1, 2016

Be Real with God, But Trust Him

Scripture:

Psalm 13:2, 5  "How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart?  How long will my enemy triumph over me?... But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation".

Observation:

This is a beautiful psalm of David.  You can see from it that David wrestled with his thoughts and was sorrowful day after day.  It appears he had some struggles with depression or something similar.  He didn't hide that fact in his songs, he admitted his struggles, but then declared that he would trust in God's unfailing love and that his heart rejoiced in God's salvation.

Application:

It's okay to be real with God and to express what is on your heart.  It is okay to tell Him what is going on in your life and thoughts.  It's no surprise to Him anyway because He already knows us.  The key here is to not get stuck in the struggles, but to bring it back around like David did and declare that we will trust God's unfailing love and that our hearts rejoice in His salvation.

Prayer:

Father, you know all that I have been walking through lately and what is very heavy on my heart.  You know that details and we have spoken much about them.  I declare today that I trust You with my life.  You know my future better than me and I trust you with it.  I will always rejoice in Your salvation!

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment