Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Take Refuge

Scripture:

Psalm 118:8  "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans".

Observation:

The Psalmist here tells us that taking refuge in the Lord is better than trusting in humans.  A refuge is a place of protection, provision, and care.  It is a safe place where you can run in troubled times.  He is saying God is a better refuge than any human and He is the place to turn.

Application:

It is natural to turn to people when things are difficult in our lives.  Our refuge is really suppose to be in God.  He is the perfect healer, provider, protector, etc.  He is the one who will care for us, give us what we need and protect us from all the power of our enemies.  People will always let us down, but God is the perfect refuge.  We must turn to Him and trust Him above all.

Prayer:

Father, be my refuge.  Help me to trust You more than I trust people.  You are the ever-faithful God.  You have provided a place of refuge for me like no human could ever do.  You are my rock and my salvation and I put my trust in You.  Lead me, guide me, and let me trust completely in You and You alone.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment