Monday, August 22, 2016

Even in Darkness

Scripture:

Psalm 112:4  "Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous."

Observation:

The Psalmist tells us here that light dawns for those who live uprightly, even when things look dark around us.

Application:

Sometimes we go through times when we feel like we are in darkness.  Possibly we can't seem to hear the voice of God or things are not going the way we would like.  Sometimes dark times come from the death of a loved one or a downturn in finances, etc.  Here we are told that even when darkness comes, God will bring us light if we are living uprightly.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk with You continually and to realize that even in dark times, You are with me and You are helping me.  Help me to trust that light will dawn when it feels like darkness is winning.  Help me to walk by faith in You and Your word.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment