Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Quiet Waters

Scripture:

Psalm 19:2  "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters".

Observation:

David understood much about the Lord.  He was a man after God's own heart.  He knew that God would bring peace and tranquility into our lives.  Here he tells us that God is our shepherd and that he would lead us beside quiet waters.

Application:

The Holy Spirit is here to give us peace in the midst of turmoil.  He can cause us to lie down in green pastures and lead us beside still or quiet waters.  We must learn to follow the voice of the Holy Spirit and He will lead us into perfect peace.  He doesn't force us to walk beside quiet waters, he leads us.  We must take the action of following Him, but if we will listen and follow, He will lead us out of turmoil and into peace.

Prayer:

Holy Spirit, lead me today beside quiet waters.  Bring peace into my hectic life today.  I need You and ask You to lead me.  Let me hear Your voice and give me the strength to follow.  I am Yours.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment