Friday, August 19, 2016

Renewed Youth

Scripture:

Psalm 103:5  "who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's".

Observation:

David tells us here that it is God who satisfies our desires with good things so our youth is renewed like the eagle's.  David saw God as the source of every good thing that had come into his life.  He credits God for renewing our youth and giving us strength every day.  The bottom line in David's life is that God gets praise for everything.

Application:

We need to be a thankful people.  We need to realize, like David, that it is God who gives us all good things and renews our youth.  The New Testament tells us that every good and perfect gift comes from above, from the Father of Lights.  I need to be more thankful for all God has blessed me with and to realize when good things happen that it is God behind it.

Prayer:

Father, give me a thankful heart.  Help me to see your goodness as David did.  Renew my youth like the eagle's.  I am feeling very tired and worn out lately and I am still young.  Renew my youth Father.  I want to feel good again.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment