Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Don't Reject Instruction

Scripture:

I Thessalonians 4:7-8  "For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.  Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit".

Observation:

Paul is writing to the people of Thessalonica and at this point talks to them about sexual immorality.  He tells them that God didn't call them to be impure, but to live a holy life.  He tells them that anyone who rejects his teaching on sexual immorality is actually rejecting God who gave them the Holy Spirit.

Application:

It amazes me as a pastor how many people I give counsel to from God's word, who turn it around and reject what I'm saying because of their particular situation.  They would say that I need to be more understanding rather than telling the truth.  Here Paul tells those he was talking to about sexual immorality, that those who don't listen and obey, are actually rejecting God.  This is dangerous ground.  We need to follow the Word of God and never reject God's word for the sake of convenience or any other thing.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in humility before You.  Help me to see Your word as the final authority in my life and to never reject it.  Help me to live what You say in Your Word and to believe that by doing things Your way, You will bless my life.  Help me to realize better in counseling that people who reject the word are not rejecting me, but You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment