Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Who Will God Use?

Scripture:

Amos 7:14-15  "Amos answered Amaziah, 'I was neither a prophet nor the son of a prophet, but I was a shepherd, and I also took care of sycamore trees.  But the Lord took me from tending the flock an said to me, 'Go, prophesy to my people Israel''".

Observation:

Amos here was letting Amaziah know that whatever message he delivered was from God because he wasn't a prophet nor the son of a prophet.  He was simply a shepherd and a tree-keeper, who listened to the word of the Lord and who God told to speak on His behalf.  He was able to say, "I didn't sign up for this and wasn't looking for it".  He was sent by God to give God's word.

Application:

No matter what your present occupation may be or where your income comes from, you can be mightily used by God.  When God is looking to deliver a message, He doesn't always use the most likely candidates.  He uses those who have made time to listen to Him and follow what He says to do.

Prayer:

Lord, thank You for showing me Amos this morning.  Thank you for letting me see that You will use anyone who is willing and available and they don't have to be perfectly trained for the task You give them.  Help me never underestimate what You can do through my life as I walk in step with You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment