Monday, December 28, 2015

Ask for Rain

Scripture:

Zechariah 10:1  "Ask the Lord for rain in the springtime; it is the Lord who sends the thunderstorms.  He gives showers of rain to all people and plants of the field to everyone."

Observation:

Zechariah makes a simple, yet very profound statement here.  He says, "Ask the Lord for rain in the springtime".  He goes on to give God credit for thunderstorms and showers that we need so much.

Application:

This verse causes me to think about some of the simple things I never ask God for.  In the springtime, we expect it to rain.  We simply expect that April showers will bring May flowers.  Sometimes we neglect to ask God for the simple things.  When it doesn't rain for a year, we begin to call on His name to rescue us, but do we pray every Spring for rain?  God wants us to ask for the simple things that we think are simply natural occurrences.

Prayer:

Father, sometimes I neglect to ask You for things because I feel like You already know my situation.  Remind me to ask for the simple things that I may take for granted.  Help me to ask You for the simple things and to rejoice when You provide.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment