Monday, December 14, 2015

I Stand at the Door and Knock

Scripture:

Revelation 3:19-20  "Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline.  So be earnest and repent.  Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me".

Observation:

Jesus tells John that He is standing at the door and knocking and that if we open the door, He will come in and eat with us.  We use this scripture often concerning bringing people to salvation and a relationship with Christ.  In it's context, we are told to be earnest and repent when He rebukes and disciplines us.  Repentance and obedience opens the door to a closer walk and relationship with Christ.

Application:

We need to always stay in a position where God can deal with us at any time concerning anything in our lives that is not pleasing to Him.  We must hear His voice, receive the rebukes and discipline, and change our ways, then we will have a more intimate relationship with Him.  We need to stay quick to repent and never think we have it all together.  This opens the door to walking with God.

Prayer:

Father, help me to hear Your voice and be quick to repent when you rebuke me.  Keep me on the right track and on Your path.  I want to know You more and more each day.  I want to dine with You more intimately.  Help me to walk in tune with You, hearing Your voice and responding appropriately.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment