Saturday, December 26, 2015

Diligent Obedience

Scripture:

Zechariah 6:15  "Those who are far away will come and help to build the temple of the Lord, and you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me to you. This will happen if you diligently obey the Lord your God".

Observation:

In this passage, a prophetic word is given.  Usually, when a prophetic word is given, there is also a condition that accompanies it.  Here a beautiful promise is made about the rebuilding of the temple and how God would make it happen.  The promise is accompanied by the words, "This will happen if you diligently obey the Lord your God".

Application:

I have received many, many prophetic words throughout my life, and many of them have come to pass.  I have learned through the process that God can show you His will for your life, but if you stray away from following His voice and obeying His direction, He doesn't have to bring it to pass.  We must live in a constant state of diligent obedience to the voice of the Lord.  When we do, every word He speaks over our lives, will come to pass.

Prayer:

Father, I don't want to miss out on anything You have planned for my life.  I want to serve You completely and fulfill all of Your will for my life.  Help me to hear clearly Your voice and to obey with diligence, all you want me to do.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment