Thursday, December 17, 2015

Loving life

Scripture:

Revelation 12:11  "They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink back from death".

Observation:

John tells us in this passage about those who overcame the enemy.  He says that they did it by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony.  The part most people leave off in this verse is that they also overcame the enemy by not loving their lives, even to death.

Application:

Loving Life, that is how I have answered many people through the years when they asked how I was doing.  I believe God wants us to love life, but to not love it so much that we are afraid of death.  We are to enjoy life on this earth, but we must be more tuned in to eternity so that we see things from an eternal perspective.  We can't love our lives so much that we are more concerned about this life than the life to come.  We must keep perspective while on this earth.  We must enjoy it, but not serve it.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to enjoy life, yet not be afraid of death.  Help me follow You through whatever may come my way.  Let my foundation in You never be shaken.  Help me to love my life less and less and love You and Your life more and more.  I never want to shrink back from death, but be an overcomer.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment