Thursday, December 3, 2015

Cry Out to the Lord

Scripture:

Joel 1:14  "Declare a holy fast; call a sacred assembly.  Summon the elders and all who live in the land to the house of the Lord your God, and cry out to the Lord".

Observation:

Joel speaks of God's judgement that was coming to Him people.  He tells them that, when they see things are going terribly, that they need to call a holy fast and a sacred assembly.  He tells them to call for the elders and all others to come to the house of the Lord and cry out to Him.

Application:

There is a time when we must call a sacred assembly, a time to fast and pray and call unto the Lord.  God told us to call unto Him and He would show us things we can't imagine.  For years now in the United States God has been calling sacred assemblies on behalf of this nation.  Now is the time for the church to "cry out" to God.  There is a time to pray and a time to "cry out" to the Lord.  Right now is a time to "cry out" to God on behalf of our nation.

Prayer:

Father, forgive me for my lax prayer life.  Forgive me for not crying out to You as I have in the past.  I need You more now than ever and want to see You move in my region and nation.  Help me to hear Your voice and respond appropriately.  Teach me to weep again between the porch and the altar.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment