Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Refined to be His

Scripture:

Zechariah 13:9  "This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold.  They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people', and they will say, 'The Lord is our God'".

Observation:

Just prior to this, the Lord was saying through Zechariah that He was going to wipe out two-thirds of his own people because they were following idols, etc.  It is a time of judgment in this scripture, but, even in judgment we see the heart of God.  The one-third left, He refines and purifies so that He can be theirs and they can be His.  He simply wants a holy people who He can have a deep relationship with.

Application:

God wants to refine and purify our lives.  He wants it, not to hurt us, but to help us walk with Him closer.  He has always desired a people who are fully and completely His.  He wants a people who are totally sold out to Him and who will do His will in the earth.  The cool thing about God is that He supplied His Son to make us righteous and His Spirit to help us walk the walk.  He makes is easier on us.

Prayer:

Father, you went out of Your way and sacrificed Your only Son so that I could have this special relationship with You.  You have blessed me with Your Spirit to show me how to live and to give the strength I need to live completely for You.  Thank You and help me to to follow You completely.  I want to know You, follow You, trust You and walk with You closer and closer.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment