Monday, December 29, 2014

Through the Fire

Scripture:

Zechariah 13:9  "I will bring that group through the fire and make them pure.  I will refine them like silver and purify them like gold.  They will call on my name, and I will answer them.  I will say, 'These are my people,' and they will say, 'The Lord is our God'".

Observation:

Zechariah is prophesying about a future time when a remnant in Israel will return to the Lord and follow Him wholeheartedly.  He says about them that God will bring them through the fire and will refine them like silver or gold.  He then shows His intention from the beginning, "These are my people" and they say, "The Lord is our God".

Application:

God wants a relationship with us at a deep level that affects every are of our lives.  He also wants His people to walk in holiness and in a way that pleases Him.  In this verse He says He will bring them through the fire to purify them.  We must realize that God shows us His love for us when He lets us go through the fire.  He wants us cleansed and purified.  We can't hate the fire, but welcome it and know it will work in us something good.

Prayer:

Father, Let me not reject your fire in my life.  Help me to welcome your work in me, even when that hurts.  Purify my life that I may truly be one of Your people who reflects your glory.  I want to know you more intimately than ever before.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment