Monday, December 22, 2014

Repeat!

Scripture:

Habakkuk 3:2  "Lord, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, Lord.  Repeat them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy".

Observation:

Habakkuk called on the Lord.  He told the Lord that he had heard of his fame and his incredible deeds he had done in the past.  He looks back in order to look forward.  He looks back to what God had done and then says, "Repeat them in our day".  He asks God to repeat his deeds from the past and to have mercy instead of wrath.

Application:

I feel this morning like saying to God, "I have heard and seen you move and work in the past.  You are truly incredible!  His the repeat button and do it again in my life and in my generation".  I want to see an outpouring of the Holy Spirit in my generation.  I want to see you move in whole regions at once.  I want the glory of the Lord to fall on my region as it has in regions in the past.  Repeat!!!

Prayer:

Oh God, pour out Your Spirit one more time in the United States.  In your wrath remember mercy.  Let your glory fall like a tsunami and fill northern Virginia.  Hit the repeat button and bring revival to my generation.  I know we have had two great awakenings, send a third.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment