Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Rule of Our King

Scripture:

Zechariah 9:10  "He will proclaim peace to the nations.  His rule will extend from sea to sea and from the River to the ends of the earth".

Observation:

Zechariah, just before this, gives us a picture of the Triumphal Entry of Christ as He was nearing his death on the cross.  It said He would come in humility and riding on a donkey's colt.  The picture, then shifts to Messiah's future rule where He will rule over all the earth.  He will bring peace to all nations and will rule the world with righteousness.

Application:

In His first coming, Jesus came as the suffering servant.  In his second coming, He will come as ruler and judge over all the earth.  Every knee will bow and every tongue confess that He is Lord in the future.  When I look at this, I realize that it is better to bow now than to bow later.  Right now we have the option of bowing before King Jesus.  In the future, we won't have and option.  I want His rule of peace now in my life, therefore I surrender my all to him.

Prayer:

Lord Jesus, You are incredible and Your kingdom knows no end.  I submit myself to your lordship today and every day.  Help me to follow You completely in my life.  I want your rule of peace in my life every day.  I don't want to wait to bow until I have to.  I bow now.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment