Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Declare a Holy Fast

Scripture:

Joel 2:15  "Blow the trumpet in Zion, declare a holy fast, call a sacred assembly".

Observation:

God is speaking in this text about how He had sent swarms of locusts that had destroyed all Judah's crops and left them devastated.  He tells them in verse 12 to "return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning".

Application:

There is a time in our lives where we see things going wrong and we need God's intervention.  He loves it when we turn to Him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength.  He loves it when we turn our gaze upon Him and seek Him whole heartedly.  There are times when we need to turn to the Lord with prayer and fasting, humbling ourselves before Him.

Prayer:

Lord, I turn to You and not away.  I need help in my life right now.  Show me what to do in each situation in my life right now.  I need your guidance, your wise counsel, and your strong right arm.  You are amazing and I love you deeply.  Help me live according to Your plans and purposes for my life.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment