Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Reward Day is Coming

Scripture:

Revelation 11:18  "The nations were angry; and your wrath has come.  The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your saints and those who revere your name, both small and great".

Observation:

At the seventh trumpet, John said that the 24 elders fell down and worshiped God and that the Kingdom of the world had become the kingdom of Christ.  He then tells us that it was time for judging and for rewarding.  He is going to judge those who deserve judgment and reward those who deserve rewards.

Application:

Reward day is coming!  There are amazing rewards for serving God during this lifetime.  One day we will be rewarded for our obedience during our lives here on this earth.  Though times may get difficult here, we are promised a better place where we will be rewarded for what we have done in this life.  Our focus must not be on our present situations, but on the reward that follows a life of obedience.

Prayer:

Father God, help me to live the life you desire for me to live.  Help me to keep my focus on eternity instead of simply living in the present and doing things based on that.  I want to serve You well during my days here on this earth.  Help me keep an eternal perspective at all times.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment