Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Love and Obedience

Scripture:

II John 6  "And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.  As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love".

Observation:

John tells us what love is.  He says it is walking in obedience to God's commands.  The main and greatest command: Love.  We are commanded to love our enemies and everyone around us.  We are to be people of love according to scripture.  Love is the primary fruit of the Spirit.

Application:

Love should be the center and core of everything we do.  God is love and if we are of God, then we are of love.  As God's people, one of the greatest tests of our spirituality is not being able to quote lots of scripture, but am I able to love everyone.  When we love everyone, we are becoming more like our father and growing in Him.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to love well.  Help me to have love at the center of my life.  Let love be the primary characteristic of my life.  I want to walk in Your love and be a demonstration of Your love to the world.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment