Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Do Not Be Unfaithful

Scripture:

Malachi 2:16  "The man who hates and divorces his wife, says the Lord, the God of Israel, does violence to the one he should protect, says the Lord Almighty.  So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful".

Observation:

Just before this God speaks and says that the people were flooding him with tears and wailing before Him, but that He would not hear their cries because they had been unfaithful to their marriage covenant.  Here he says to be on guard and not be unfaithful.  I hear strong words about the marriage covenant and hurting the one we are suppose to protect.

Application:

God doesn't like divorce and hate in marriages.  He is very strong when it comes to covenants we make and wants us to fulfill our covenants and be faithful to them as He is faithful to our covenant with him.  We must be on guard in the area of faithfulness and not let anything bring division in our marriages.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in faithfulness to the covenants I make on this earth.  Help me to be a better husband to Cheryl and a better father to my sons.  Help me not to hurt the ones I am meant to protect.  Guide me day by day into being the husband you want me to be to my wife.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment