Monday, December 15, 2014

They Will Reign

Scripture:

Revelation 5:10  "You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth".

Observation:

John saw the twenty four elders worshiping God in heaven.  They were saying that Jesus was worthy to open the scrolls because he had purchased men for God from every tribe, every language and every nation.  He says of these people who were purchased by Christ that "they will reign on the earth".  I see here that God's heart is for every tongue, every tribe and every nation.  I also see his intention is that they will one day rule the earth.

Application:

One day we will reign on the earth.  How we live our lives here now determines how we will live in eternity.  If we are faithful in a little here on earth, we will rule over much in the future.  I want to live a life of obedience to Christ here and now, then reign and rule with Him eternally.  I don't want to just squeak into heaven.  I want to be trained for reigning.

Prayer:

Father, help me be faithful in the little You have blessed me with.  Help me be one You can trust here on earth now so that we can rule together in the future.  I want to serve You well and accomplish your will completely with my life before I get to heaven.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment