Wednesday, December 31, 2014

S.O.A.P.

Scripture:

Malachi 3:2  "But who can endure the day of his coming?  Who can stand when he appears?  For he will be like a refiner's fire or a launderer's soap".

Observation:

Malachi tells us that when God comes, he will purify his people like a refiner's fire or a launderer's soap.  Fire refines silver and gold and makes it more valuable.  Soap takes dirt away and cleanses.  God wants his people to be pure and clean.  He does the work, but we have to desire for him to work in us.

Application:

Doing this daily wash and using the S.O.A.P. format has been the most rewarding experience of my spiritual life.  I am just completing my sixth year of doing my daily devotionals this way.  It has truly been like SOAP for me in that it has a way of speaking to me about so many different areas of life.  Reading through the Bible annually has been so good for me and I would recommend to anyone who wants God to work in your life.

Prayer:

Thanks You Lord for showing me this six years ago!  You have worked in my life through reading your word and applying it daily.  Your word is life to me and strength to my spirit.  Help me to stay on track and let your SOAP continue to cleanse my life.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment