Monday, December 8, 2014

God's Judgment

Scripture:

Amos 8:11 "The days are coming, declares the Sovereign Lord, when I will send a famine through the land - not a famine of food or a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the words of the Lord".

Observation:

When God decided to bring judgment on Israel, He stopped allowing them to hear His voice.  Many would think, "What kind of punishment is that?"  In God's mind, not hearing His voice, is the worst of judgments.  When we can't hear from Him, our lives are going to really get messed up.  When a nation doesn't hear from God, it will go into chaos.  When we stop hearing the word of the Lord, our lives will become messed up.

Application:

I love doing my daily wash using the SOAP pattern.  Daily I hear the Lord from His word and it brings correction, instruction, and encouragement.  I love my time with God and don't know what I would do if I couldn't hear His word.  My life would go into chaos.  I need to hear His voice daily for guidance.

Prayer:

Lord, let me never have a famine of hearing your words.  I want to walk with You and talk with You as friend with friend.  Thank you for showing me that You see not hearing from the Lord as a serious judgment on sin.  This is awesome!  You are incredible.  I love you.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment