Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Lord is With You

Scripture:

Zephaniah 3:17  "The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves.  He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing".

Observation:

Zephaniah had been speaking about the destruction of the earth in the fierce wrath of God, who was not happy with those who would not come to Him and worship Him.  He then begins to speak about a remnant in Israel who would come back to Him in humility.  Of them He says He is with them as a mighty warrior.  Of them, He says He will rejoice over them with singing.  He would delight in them.

Application:

God loves a humble heart that looks to Him in every situation.  He rejoices when His people put their trust in Him and not in themselves.  When we walk humbly before Him, we can expect Him to be with us.  We can expect the Mighty Warrior to fight our battles when we walk humbly before Him and trust Him completely.  He delights and sings over those who worship Him only and trust Him only.  He wants to be the center of our lives.

Prayer:

Father, be the center of my life.  Teach me to walk before you humbly and in a way that pleases You.  You are my everything!  You are what my life is about.  You are my purpose, my passion and my plans.  Let my worship and my life be pleasing in your sight.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment