Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Staying in God's Love While We Wait

Scripture:

Jude 20-21  "But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life".

Observation:

Jude tells us what to do while we wait for the return of Jesus Christ.  He tells us to stay in God's love by doing two things.  He tells us to build ourselves up in our most holy faith and also tells us to pray in the Holy Spirit.  These two things will keep us in God's love while we wait for the return of Christ.

Application:

We must daily build ourselves up in our most holy faith.  Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.  Therefore, we must remain in God's word, which builds up our faith as we wait for Christ to return.  We also need to pray in the Holy Spirit.  Praying in the Holy Spirit causes us to pray mysteries and for us to pray the perfect will of God rather than our own will.  We must have daily time in the Spirit and time in the word as we wait.  Doing this, we will stay in God's love.

Prayer:

Lord, develop my quiet time stronger and stronger as I wait for your return.  I want to know your heart.  I want to hear your voice.  Let your word speak to me daily and let Your Spirit pray through me daily.  Help me to walk in the love of God every day of my life.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment