Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Incredible Furnishings

Scripture:

Exodus 37:24  "The entire lampstand, along with its accessories, was made from seventy five pounds of pure gold".

Observation:

The lampstand in the tabernacle of Moses was made of 75 pounds of pure gold!  Wow!  This was just one of the many gold furnishings in the house of the Lord.  When God told them what He wanted, it was extravagant.  When He had them build a tabernacle, He wanted it to be amazing and nothing but the best was to be used.  This was a place for God to meet with man and God wanted it to be done right.  Cost was not a factor.

Application:

When we love someone, it isn't a problem to spend money on them, giving them the most special things we can.  Today, when we do things for God, we make sure not to spend too much money because it might look like we wasted God's money.  We want it to look as cheap as possible so people know we got the best deal possible for God's money.  From God's buildings in the Old Testament, I would say that God likes extravagance in our worship of Him.  God is worthy of our best.

Prayer:

Father, forgive me for giving You the least I can instead of giving extravagantly.  Help me become a better giver and one that blesses You with nothing but my very best.  I want You honored in and through my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment