Thursday, September 6, 2012

Overwhelming Glory

Scripture:

II Corinthians 3:10 "In fact, that first glory was not glorious at all compared with the overwhelming glory of the new way".

Observation:

Paul is writing to the Corinthian people and talks about the glory that was on the Old Covenant.  He shares how Moses had to place a veil over his face because the glory of the Lord was upon him.  Then he says that we should expect "far greater glory" because we have the Spirit, which is not fading away.  He says that the glory on our lives should make the old glory on Moses look like almost nothing.  He calls it "overwhelming glory".

Application:

Paul teaches us that all of us who are saved have the veil removed and both see and reflect God's glory.  This is how we are changed into his glorious image 3:18.  We should look more and more like Christ every day of our lives, yet we become stagnant in our relationship with Him and content with living inglorious lives.  We need to seek God more and more until we see His glory as Moses did, then we can reflect it better.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, I want to see Your glory.  I want to reflect your glory in my life that others are pointed to you.  I want my light to shine brightly for You.  I want to walk in "overwhelming glory" the rest of the days of my life.  I don't believe Paul was just talking about something impossible.  If it is available, I want it.  Let me reflect you well.

Your Servant,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment