Monday, September 10, 2012

The God of Peace will be with You

Scripture:

II Corinthians 13:11 "Dear brothers and sisters, I close my letter with these last words: Be joyful.  Grow to maturity.  Encourage each other.  Live in harmony and peace.  Then the God of love and peace will be with you".

Observation:

Paul tells the Corinthians that if they do these few things, the God of love and peace will be with them.  Paul had been very displeased with their behavior and how much sin was in the church.  He wanted them to get it right before he came back there for a third time.  He gives them four things, then says that if they do these, the God of peace will be with them.  The four things: By joyful.  Grow to maturity.  Encourage each other.  and Live in harmony and peace.

Application:

When we do our part, God does His.  Here we can clearly see our part and His part.  Our part is to simply be joyful, grow, encourage each other and live in harmony and peace.  God's part of this equation, He will be with us!  That is powerful and worthy of my attention.  When God is with you, your enemies tremble and run the other way.  When God is with you, great things happen.  I want God to be with me, therefore, I need to work on being joyful, growing to maturity, encouraging others and living in harmony and peace.

Prayer:

Father, I want you to be with me at all times.  I love your presence and want to walk with You in intimacy.  Help me to live out my part of the deal as I pursue You each day.  I want to be with You.  I want to know You more.  Let my life radiate Your goodness.  Help me in these four areas I pray.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment