Wednesday, September 19, 2012

God's Blessing for Obedience

Scripture:

Leviticus 26:3,5 "If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands...Your threshing season will overlap with the grape harvest, and your grape harvest will overlap with the season of planting grain.  You will eat your fill and live securely in the land".

Observation:

God told the children of Israel that there were blessings if they obeyed his decrees and there were curses if they disobeyed them.  He promised them that if they would obey him, He would cause their crops to come in so fast that they would be planting while still harvesting.  He wants His people to be careful in following Him and to do things His way instead of their own.

Application:

God is looking for our obedience to His word above all else.  When we obey, He blesses.  It's as simple as that.  I want to live under the incredible blessing and favor of the Lord, therefore, I know I must walk a life of obedience to Him.  If I want His blessing, I must walk in complete obedience to the Lord.  He even promises that we can live in the land securely.  I want security for my family.

Prayer:

Father, help me live a life that is pleasing to You.  I realize that you bless the obedient and want to be under your blessing.  Show me the areas of my life that need work and change.  You are the best and I want to serve You well.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment