Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Take Out the Guessing Game

Scripture:

Exodus 40:38 "The cloud of the Lord hovered over the Tabernacle during the day, and at night fire glowed inside the cloud so the whole family of Israel could see it.  This continued throughout all their journeys".

Observation:

The people of Israel had it so easy when it comes to doing the Lord's will during the time of the Exodus.  You didn't have to be super-spiritual to know where the Lord wanted you to be.  If the cloud started moving, you needed to move and everyone could see the cloud.  If Israel's leaders decided not to follow the cloud, the people would immediately know it, this brought accountability.  This took the guessing game out of following the Lord.  He guided them very accurately for many years.

Application:

I wish God made it this easy to follow Him today.  We are called to live lives of faith, which basically means we can't see the cloud, but still have to follow it.  I would love for God to take out the guessing game as to whether I was following Him completely or not.  When we can't see Him, we must seek Him all the more.  This is what He wants.  He wants us to seek Him and His will for us, therefore He doesn't make it as easy as back then.

Prayer:

Father, I want your will for my life to be more clear every day.  I would love for the guessing game to be gone and for a cloud to lead me around all day everyday.  I would love for you to speak to me from the cloud every day and let me know what to do each day.  Teach me to pursue You more.  Help me to seek after You more desperately.  I want to know You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment