Thursday, September 20, 2012

Abraham's Promise is Mine

Scripture:

Galatians 3:29  "And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham.  You are his heirs, and God's promise to Abraham belongs to you".

Observation:

Abraham was told by God that he was to leave his country and go to a place God would show him.  He told Abraham that He would make him into a great nation and that He would bless him and make him a blessing.  God told Abraham that He would bless those who bless him and curse those who curse him.  He said that all the families of the earth would be blessed through him.  Now Paul tells us that we are Abraham's heirs and that God's promise to Abraham belongs to us as well.

Application:

Abraham was a very wealthy individual who had the blessing of God on his life in a big way.  Everything he touched was blessed supernaturally by God.  According to Galatians, I am am heir of Abraham and an heir of the promise God made to Abraham.  I am so much more blessed than I have lived out in my personal life.  The blessing of Abraham rests on me and I am blessed.  Now I must believe it and live in it.

Prayer:

Father, I receive the blessing of Abraham and his descendants.  I realize that I am an heir according to the promise.  I realize that his blessing comes to me.  Thank You for showing me this today.  Help me to believe it and walk in it.  I want my life blessed like Abraham's was.  I want to be a blessing to the nations of the world and to those around me.  I want those who bless me to be blessed.

Thanks,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment