Thursday, September 13, 2012

God's Fire on God's Sacrifice

Scripture:

Leviticus 9:24 "Fire blazed forth from the Lord's presence and consumed the burnt offering and the fat on the altar.  When the people saw this, they shouted with joy and fell face down on the ground".

Observation:

God gave Moses extremely detailed instructions about building the Tabernacle and for sacrifices and offerings for God's people and the priests.  Moses and Aaron followed the Lord's directions with all their heart.  They did exactly as the Lord spoke to them to do.  When they completed the job and everything was dedicated properly to the Lord, fire blazed from the Lord's presence and consumed the burnt offering.  The people saw it and knew God was happy with their offerings, yet in awe of His power.

Application:

When God gives directions, He means for them to be accomplished exactly how He says to do them.  He is a God of order.  He wants us to do what we do with all our heart, soul, mind and strength.  The fire let the people that God was pleased with their offerings.  As we surrender our lives to God, His fire and anointing will fall on our lives.  When we do things His way, we get His results.  When we do things in our own human wisdom, we get human results.  As for me, I want God results in my life.  I want to do things His way.

Prayer:

Father, help me to fully and completely follow Your voice in my life.  I love You and want to be fully surrendered to You in every area.  Help me not to miss a detail of what You want in my life.  I offer myself this morning as a sacrifice to You.  May it be acceptable and may Your fire fall on it!

Yours,
Jeff Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment