Friday, September 28, 2012

God's Word Gives Confidence

Scripture:

Numbers 21:34 "Do not be afraid of him, for I have handed him over to you, along with all his people and his land.  Do the same to him as you did to King Sihon of the Amorites, who ruled in Heshbon".

Observation:

King Og of Bashan, who this scripture is written about was in the line of the giants.  He was an enormous man and a valiant warrior.  Moses wasn't a warrior and his people were not trained for battle, but on the word of the Lord, they would march.  God tells Moses not to be afraid of Og because God had handed him over to Moses.  Once something is done in God's eyes, it is done!  Once God handed him over to Moses, he just had to walk that direction because God had already done the work.

Application:

A word from God changes everything!  Moses' natural reaction to fighting a "giant" king with and inexperienced army would have been to run the other direction, but God gave him the confidence he needed.  When God really speaks, and we know it, nothing can deter us from our destiny.  We need to hear His voice and do what He is saying, then we will have victory in our lives.   Moses knew that without God on his side, he would fail in this battle.  He also knew that when God says something, it is going to happen.

Prayer:

Lord, I want a word from You.  I need to hear Your voice and walk confidently after that.  Open my ears that I may hear clearly what You have to say to the church.  Help me to be tuned in correctly and walking in alignment.  Give me the confidence I need to do what you call me to do.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment