Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Lord's Will

Scripture:

Leviticus 24:12 "They kept the man in custody until the Lord's will in the matter should become clear to them".

Observation:

This verse is found in the midst of a story being told about crime and punishment.  The Law of Moses was very clear on most situations and they didn't need to know the will of God on matters because it was spelled out for them.  Other crimes, they needed to seek the will of the Lord to know what to do.  I love this story because it shows how Israel needed to know the will of God just like we do.  It also hows us that God can speak to us and show us what to do when the written Word of God is silent on something.

Application:

Any area where we know the written will of God in, we don't even need to pray about.  If God's will is silent on an area, we must pursue Him until His will is known on that subject.  Immediately after this verse it says, "The Lord said to Moses..."  God will make His will known to us if we are willing to seek Him out and ask Him.  He doesn't delight in making Himself hard to follow.  He gives us the written will of God in the Bible and his voice to guide us where the Bible is silent.  Great package deal!!!

Prayer:

Lord, I want to hear Your voice more clearly.  I want Your will in my life.  I want the matters of my life to become clear as this verse says they will.  I ask You to help me to seek out Your counsel on every part of my life.  I want to finish well the days you have planned for my life.  I don't want to miss out on one of them because I wasn't hearing from You well.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment