Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fresh Wood Each Morning

Scripture:

Leviticus 6:12 "Meanwhile, the fire on the altar must be kept burning; it must never go out.  Each morning the priest will add fresh wood to the fire."

Observation:

This is part of the law of the burnt offering.  It tells the people of Israel that the fire must be kept burning day and night and it must never go out.  The priests were instructed to bring new wood every morning so that the fire would never go out.  With this offering, if you miss one morning, the fire would go out and need re-started, which was against the will of God.

Application:

The spiritual fire in our hearts must never go out as well.  If we are to stay on fire for God, we must add wood to the fire every morning.  These "daily wash" devotionals have been an awesome way for me personally to keep the fire burning every morning.  It allows me every day to feel like God has spoken to me about something in my walk with Him, which keeps the flame of our relationship alive.  It is also my early morning prayer walk that keeps the fire going each day.  These two keep my fire from going out.

Prayer:

Lord, keeping the fire burning wasn't your responsibility.  It was the responsibility of the priests.  Help me to hunger and thirst after You and to be diligent about keeping my fire burning.  Sometimes I get tired and don't do as good, then I feel it spiritually.  Help me stay on track through my daily prayer and daily wash in the word.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment