Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Offering God Your Best

Scripture:

Leviticus 3:1 "If you present an animal from the herd as a peace offering to the Lord, it may be a male or a female, but it must have no defects".

Observation:

As we begin the book of Leviticus, I see here that as all of the offerings are ordered and explained to God's people, God always requires it to be without blemish and have no defects.  As we enter the book of Leviticus we realize that God wants us to offer our very best to Him.  He doesn't want offerings that are defective.  He wants the very best for our offerings.  He doesn't want the leftovers when it is being offered to Him.

Application:

Many times today we offer God our leftovers.  We plan our schedule and if there is any leftover time, we will do something for the Lord.  We spend our money, then give the leftovers to God.  It's like we say, "Okay God, here is what I am going to do...you can make your plans around mine".  God has never wanted to be second place in anyone's life.  He wants our best to be given to Him, then He will bless the rest.  As you give your best to God, He blesses it, multiplies it, and gives back to us.  He doesn't want our leftovers, He wants the best of our lives.

Prayer:

Father, forgive me for offering You leftovers.  Help me to offer You my very best.  Teach me to give sacrificially of my time, talents and treasures.  As I do, would You open the windows of heaven and take care of my life and family.

Love You Much,
jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment