Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Allotment of the Priest

Scripture:

Numbers 18:20 ""Your priests will receive no allotment of land or share of property among the people of Israel.  I am your share and allotment".

Observation:

All of the people of Israel were to receive an allotment of land when they got to the promised land.  Each tribe would have a particular area.  It wasn't so with the priests.  They didn't get any allotment of land because God said He was their share and allotment.  They were very blessed, but were not allowed to buy land for themselves.  They ate incredibly well and received the tithes of the people to live off of, but God wanted to be their share and allotment.

Application:

Though we are not Old Testament people, there are very real shadows and thoughts that God wants us to understand to know Him better.  In the New Covenant, we are a kingdom of priests to whom God wants to be our share and allotment.  God wants us to have satisfaction in Him.  He wants to be seen as our provider.  God takes care of His own, but He wants His own to look to him as their great and present reward.

Prayer:

Father, help me to be satisfied in You.  I want You to be my share and allotment.  Your presence is what I want more than anything else.  I want to see Your glory.  I want to see revival in my generation.  Help me to get my satisfaction in You and nowhere else.

Yours Forver,
jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment