Friday, September 21, 2012

Let the Spirit Guide You

Scripture:

Galatians 5:16  "So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives.  Then you won't be doing what the sinful nature craves".

Observation:

Paul is writing to the Galatians and telling them not to believe those who are telling them to go back to the Law of Moses.  Someone had come in telling them they needed to be circumcised and follow the law of Moses.  Paul is responding and saying "not since Jesus".  Paul tells them to go about holiness in a new way.  He says, "Let the Holy Spirit guide your lives".  When the Holy Spirit guides your life, He will lead you into truth and get you away from ungodliness.

Application:

Everyone struggles with the sinful nature to some degree, but those who are constantly and continually walking in the Spirit will overcome quickly.  When we listen to the Holy Spirit and let Him lead our lives, we won't be doing what the sinful nature craves.  Life the way God wants it for us is more about following the voice of the Holy Spirit and less about the do's and don'ts of religion.  When we let Him guide us, it is not even a struggle.  We need to focus more on listening to Him and doing what He says, this way we know we will be living right.

Prayer:

Holy Spirit, I want to be filled completely by You.  I want you to lead me and guide me into fulfilling God's will for my life.  Teach me to hear your voice more clearly.  Help me to see what you see and feel what you feel.  Guide me into all truth I pray.

Yours,
Jeff Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment