Thursday, October 4, 2012

God's Masterpiece

Scripture:

Ephesians 2:9  "For we are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago".

Observation:

A masterpiece cannot become a masterpiece without a master plan.  The artist working on a masterpiece knows what he wants this artwork to become.  He has a plan for what he is doing.  Masterpieces don't just happen by accident, they are skillfully planned and thought out beforehand.  In this passage, Paul says that we are God's masterpiece and that He has planned good things for us long ago.

Application:

Life doesn't just randomly and accidently happen.  God knows each of us by name.  He knows the number of hairs on our heads and He has a plan for each of our lives.  He knows what He is doing and too often we fight against Him instead of trusting Him enough to offer our lives to Him.  He has nothing but good intentions, but we seldom offer ourselves completely to Him.  We must come to the place where we realize that the potter knows better than the clay what we should turn out like.  We must trust the great potter of our lives.

Prayer:

Lord, I give you my heart once again.  Help me become the person You want me to be.  Tecah me your ways and lead me closer to your side.  I want to be moldable, shapable, and flexible in your hands.  Soften me Lord, then make me into what You want for my life.   I offer you my life this morning.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment