Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Let Nobody Entice You

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 13:6..9 "Suppose someone secretly entices you - even your brother, your son or daughter, your beloved wife, or your closest friend - and says 'Let us go worship other gods'...Have no pity, and do not spare or protect them.  You must put them to death!"

Observation:

God wants no other gods before Him.  In this text we see how serious He is concerning this.  He says that if anyone even entices you to go worship other gods, the people of Israel were to put them to death for trying to entice them.  He says this even if it is your children, wife or best friend.  Anyone who entices you to worship another god, must be put to death.  Wow!  He is serious about having not other gods before Him.

Application:

We must take a deep look at this and see how important this is to God.  He wants there to be no others gods in our lives and He wants us to take this command seriously.  We may not bow down to some graven images in our homes, but there are plenty of things that have drawn us away from our pursuit of God.  There are things in our lives that have pushed God to the back place in our lives.   He wants to be first and foremost in our lives.  He wants to to be number one and wants us to have nothing in second.

Prayer:

Father, help me not to be drawn away by anything from you.  You are my life and helper  You are my strength!  You are my father and there is no one like You.  You are the source of my life!  You are my rock and the lifter of my head!  You are my everything.  All my hope is in You and not in myself.  All my trust is in you, help me to trust You more.  I want to truly be completely yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment