Friday, October 5, 2012

United in the Spirit

Scripture:

Ephesians 4:3  "Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace".

Observation:

Paul tells the Ephesians to make every effort to stay united in God's Spirit by binding themselves together with peace.  When peace comes into our lives, it affect all of our other relationships.  When I am at peace, my relationships tend to be at peace.  Paul thought peace was important enough that we should make every effort possible to make sure we have it.  When God's people are united in the Spirit, nothing is impossible and the kingdom of darkness is weakened, therefore we should content for peace.

Application:

If unity brings power and peace brings unity, then we must seek peace.  Paul also said that as much as possible, we should be at peace with all men.  Peace comes to those whose minds are on the Lord continually.  When we truly walk in the Spirit, peace will be in our lives.  We will be led forth with peace.  Peace is also a fruit of the Spirit.  Unity is powerful and peace brings unity, we need peace internally and externally.

Prayer:

Father of grace and peace, let your peace fill my spirit, soul and body.  Let me walk in Your peace.  Help me to be a person of peace who brings about unity in the Spirit.  Let there be peace in our church, peace in my life, and peace in our home.  Let the peace of God that passes my understanding, fill my life that I may be united in the Spirit with your people and accomplish great things for you and your kingdom.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment