Thursday, October 18, 2012

Take an intetest in others

Scripture:

Philippians 2:4 "Don't look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too."

Observation:

Paul was writing to the Philippian church where apparently there was some strife and division.  He gives them some simple things to help promote unity in the body.  One of them is found here in this verse.  He tells them not to look out only for ther own interests, but to take an interest in others.  Selfishness brings division and selflessness brings unity.

Application:

Bringing unity in the body happens when people begin to take an interest in others instead of only thinking about what is good for them.  I must begin to do what others love to do instead of only doing what makes me feel good.  This tells the people around me that what they like is important to me.  When I give up what I like in order to make someone else happy, I am promoting unity and unity brings the blessing of God.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to do as Paul said, "as much as depends on you, be at peace with all men".  I want to live a life that brings unity instead of division and that truly honors others and lifts them up and makes them feel important.  Teach me to take an interest in others and learn what they are interested in.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment