Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Am I Not Sending You?

Scripture:

Judges 6:14 "The Lord turned to him and said, 'Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian's hand.  Am I not sending you?'"

Observation:

Gideon heard from the Lord that he was to rescue Israel from the Midianites.  He felt incapable, unpreprared and untrained for the task at hand.  The angel of the Lord said to him, "Go in the strength you have and save Israel".  The strength he had was nothing according to his own testimony, the but "Am I not sending you?'' makes all the difference in the world.  If God is sending you, He will give you what you need for the battle.

Application:

Hearing from the Lord is so crucial in our lives.  If we know He is sending us, we can have confidence, assurance, and strength because He is never defeated.  If He sends you, you will have victory.  When God sends, He gives that person everything they need to accomplish the mission.  He knows what He is doing and if He sends, He will make it work out for His glory.  When we can say that God has sent us, we have full assurance of victory no matter what the enemy throws at us.

Prayer:

Father, help me to remember that you have sent me.  When I feel weak, help me remember that You sent me to establish and build Your kingdom in this region.  You sent me here, now bring forth your victory in my life, my family, my church, and this region.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment